Terms and conditions
Search Engine Optimization
- Greyscale Digital has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. The Client’s website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
- Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, Greyscale Digital does not guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword, phrase, or search term.
- Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for more than 6 months. This is referred to as the “Google Sandbox”. Greyscale Digital assumes no liability for ranking/traffic/indexing issues related to Google Sandbox penalties.
- Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO. Should a listing be dropped during the SEO campaign and does not reappear within 30 days of campaign completion, Greyscale Digital will re-optimize the website/page based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
- Some search directories offer expedited listing services for a fee. If the Client wishes to engage in said expedited listing services (e.g., paid directories), the Client is responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees.
- Linking to “bad neighborhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. Greyscale Digital does not assume liability for the Client’s choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website without prior consultation.
- Greyscale Digital is not responsible for changes made to the website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the Client’s website.
- Additional Services not listed herein (such as managing pay-per-click campaigns, copywriting, link baiting, etc.) will be provided for an additional fee of AED200 per hour.
- The client guarantees any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to Greyscale Digital for inclusion on the website above are owned by Client, or that Client has received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Greyscale Digital from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- Greyscale Digital is not responsible for the Client overwriting SEO work on the Client’s site. (e.g., Client/webmaster uploading over work already provided/optimized). The Client will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on the hourly rate of AED200 per hour.
The Client may cancel or choose not to renew the social media or SEO or paid media Agreement at any time by providing 60 days’ written notice to Greyscale Digital.
Any fees billed to and/or paid for by the Client up until the point of cancellation are non-refundable and will not be reimbursed by Greyscale Digital to the Client.
Greyscale can provide a 30 days notice and cancel the agreement. In the event of cancellation or non-renewal by Greyscale Digital, Greyscale Digital will provide a prorated refund for unused services and all files necessary to migrate the website to another host.
Payment & Other Terms
- The contract period is individually mentioned in the respective statement of work documents.
- Monthly invoice will be raised. Payments in advance. Due upon receipt of invoice. If the client hasn’t paid the monthly retainer and the due period is more than 15 days, Greyscale can hold the project until the client pays the dues. This is due to the nature of the service that Greyscale provides.
- VAT is additional.
- Payment should be made via the online link using debit or credit card, wire transfer, or by cheques in favor of Greyscale Digital Information Technology. The online link service will entail an additional 2.5% service fee.